IN THE EVENT OF BAD WEATHER
We endevour to keep the school open for pupils during periods of bad weather. However, a risk assessment is always carried out by Tim Self to ensure all Health & Safety measures can be followed, so on occasions if the site is not accessible via public transport and we are unable to guarantee safe means of transport for pupils and staff, the school may need to be closed.
Parents will be informed as follows:
- Text message to parents’ mobile phones
- Notice on the school’s web site
- Messages on the local radio stations
- Inclusion in the closed schools list on the Argus website
- Answerphone message on the school phone
We will use the same systems to notify parents of continuing closure and of the date of reopening.
Should the school have to close during a school day due to worsening weather conditions, the text messaging service will be used to inform parents. For students’ safety, they will not be released to go home unless parents have given permission to do so.